Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Best. Year. Yet.

Three years ago I am fairly certain I was having an existential crisis. It wasn't so much that I was unhappy as I was so unsettled internally. The 'voice in my head' was incessant. I felt as though I was doing the things I was supposed to do to some extent; oddly, I would get up early to run, and in the peace and quiet of dawn, the voice was the loudest. In hindsight, I can see how that time was the turning point to living a life that I was being pulled toward rather than being pushed by. Three years and many creative efforts later I have been lead to Best Year Yet. BYY could be considered old school, but that would be like saying Yoga is old school. Is a centuries old practice that is relevant and life changing considered old school? Effective programs in personal development all seem to be based on the natural laws of the universe. Brilliant. These laws are in effect whether or not we choose to have awareness of them or not. Stephen Covey and Deepak Chopra continually reference these laws. Another word you hear a lot in personal development is setting an ‘intention’. When we use 'intention' to align with these laws we align with the energy flow that is always available, yet often and unknowingly, we are living in resistance to it. I was so skeptical of a simple goal setting program to be of value. Although, being ‘pulled’ I met Laurie Oswald on a walk and was introduced to the program. That introduction lead to being coached through the program by Cathey Stamps. The magic of a time-tested, principled-based program was unmistakeable. All of the creativity and desire that I prided myself on was suddenly channeled into a one page plan. It was as if my ideas all of a sudden had a simple step by step recipe. One of the lessons BYY teaches is the principled teaching of action and attitude. When our behavior matches our truest desire we align with the natural flow of life. BYY founder, Jinny Ditzler, refers to this as living a 'results driven' life. Like Google, we can 'Search Inside Our Self'....then what?

bestyearyet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment